RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Parkzone Super Decathalon
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Jetstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Parkzone Super Decathalon

I wouldn't give up on it just yet. I think you can learn with that plane, its just a matter of patience and persistence. I'm relatively new to the hobby as well, and though the not the ParkZone Decathlon, I did buy the Wattage RTF Decathlon as my first park scale plane. I haven't had much experice before flying the Decathlon, just an airhogs with variable thrust (yuck) and a Micro Flyer, so most of what I'm learning now is coming from the Decathlon. Initially I had quite a few crashes and my flight durations were about as long as urs. But now I can keep it up in the air for about 5 minutes (pretty much the duration of the battery). Right now I'm trying to learn how to do a decent landing, which I'm having a hard time doin cuz the Wattage version has a flimsy landing gear and my hesitation to turn off the prop in mid air.

As for the problem ur encountering, I'm not sure how similar the flight characteristics of the Wattage and Parkzone Decathlons are, but I usually counter that left turn by turning right. When my plane had a hard time staying up in the air, I check and see if the battery has moved around in the compartment (altering its center of gravity). And if thats not the problem, I just throw the plane harder on the next flight (I found that most of my instant crashes earlier on were the result of not throwing the plane hard enough).