RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

rt3232-sorry did not get your email but glad your pictures came through on RCU. Did you use a brazing technique on the homemade exhaust? I'm interested in your materials and method.

Just received a DVD Aerofile from qualityrcproducts.com. Incredible closeup pictures of all the important details on the Corsair. One item that surprised me was the wing root air intake-you can see the other side (back) of the screen when looking up at the bottom of the wing. This open channel was obviously the source of the famous whistle.

Only problem with the DVD is that it doesn't give you a written description of what you are looking at. Or how much of this particular airplane has been modernized. Or any of its history.

Progress so far: More research! Considered purchasing a 1/48th plastic model (Tamiya) to give me a 3d picture of how the details come together. This may be going off the deep end but I'm trying to take my building to the next level.

Considering the Evolution 58 engine because of its rear exhaust and carb. My goal of a quiet gasser with scale outline might be helped by this configuration. Still gathering info on that.