RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Slo-V!
Thread: New Slo-V!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 10:16 PM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Slo-V!

Well, I went to the Local Hobby Shop (Al's Hobby Shop, in case any of you in chicago know about it) planning to get myself a slow stick. Well, I came home with a Slo-V and the "upgrade" battery. Had a few problems (mainly because i'm stupid, and my dad's a perfectionist ) during construction, but they're sorted out. The one I got had a little dent in the wing, but 1. I was too lazy to go return it, 2. I seriously doubt it will change the flight at all. I got it this evening, so I have not maidened it yet, but I will tomorrow, early in the morning if I can get up , evening if I can't, since those are the two calm time in the Windy City. I don't actually live in chicago, just a suburb called Oak Park. Anyway, I was happy with the completed Slo-V, I even tried to get my dad to get one while I was at the shop, no go . I was hoping he'd get hooked and we'd have some air battles. My dad isn't really a hobby kind of person, but perhaps I can convince him with the Slo-V if I let him fly some (aka, if I can tear myself away from the sticks to let him try, if it doesn't crash). I did have a Firebird XL but I hated having only Throttle and Rudder (i guess it counts as rudder, not really aeileron) and not having any elevator to make it interesting. Also the park that is on my block just seemed a little cramped for the aerobird, and I hated trudging to a bigger park because I don't have a car or anything(i'm 15, learning to drive next year , for a ten minute flight then coming back. Now I can fly at the one right on my block without being afraid of the trees etc. I actually beleive this is the longest post i've done. I've been flying on FMS for a while, I know thats not the best, but I feel confident I wont crash too badly err, I hope. I can't wait til tomorrow!

1 more thing, My landing gear doesn't look straight, is this going to be a problem? The wheels look kind of bent in.

Alex