RCU Forums - View Single Post - 6V Receiver Bat Charge
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6V Receiver Bat Charge

ORIGINAL: BillS

Very interesting. Does the TX plug put out twice the ma when connected to an RX (4.8) battery?
I'm getting 75mA out of the transmitter side and use it to charge 1100 mah 4 cell and 5 cell packs. 16 hrs will give me a full charge. Check out http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com/ for lots of good info on this subject. I also had lots of extra wall warts laying around so I thought I would give it a try. That was 4 years ago and I'm still using the same wall-warts with timers. I've got two timers set up, one for charging and one that is set to run one hr/day. After I charge the plane, it gets plugged into the 1 hr/day timer. I've had them on that for a month or two and the batts are still topped off.

If you're running out of plugs on the power strip, you can make your own. The first one I made I just took a double receptacle box and added 2 receptacle with one power cord. Then I came up with the idea of making a small box out of 1 x 2's. It's the exact diameter of a receptacle and they are screwed right into the wood frame, no plastic boxes under the receptacle plates. You can see both these in the pic that's attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86253.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	297001