RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aerobird Challenger trouble
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 AM
mindfluid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Challenger trouble

I am brand new to rc planes and was pointed to the challenger from my LHS as a great starting plane. However I havnt been able to launch it sucessfully from level ground. It just doesnt seem to have enough power for a hand launch not to mention the front end feels too heavy. I have to launch from an elevated point like a hill to avoid it from crashing back to the ground before it can take flight. When it does take flight and reaches at least 50' altitude I then try to make a turn. But as soon as the turn starts it loses control and takes a nose dive. Sometimes I can recover from the first dive but shortly after that it dives again crashing to the ground. Im not turning the control sharply as the book says not to and im not flying in windy conditions. I even tried using the pitch a little to keep the nose up but that doesnt make much of a difference.Im using full throtle because whenever I ease off it starts to dive quickly. I have been through 2 wings already and I have to admit the fustration is starting to get the best of me on a plane that seems unstable no matter what I try. Was this a lousy first plane or was I supposed to adjust something before flying? Im not dissmising the skill it takes to fly an RC plane but I was told that this plane was easier to fly than most and the controls are pretty straight foward. Any tips to help me sucessfully fly my challenger would be greatly appreciated. Also it would be fantastic if there are any expierenced pilots in my area who wouldnt mind showing how its done in person. It would be great to see my plane not crash for a change I live in the Clifton, NJ area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
mind