EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: To: Dave Mathewson

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Dave Mathewson

Hi Red,
My guess is that it’s still a little optimistic to think that there would be enough support on the EC for some type of an AMA sponsored on-line forum. I thought what we did during the last few months here on RCU was a very positive experience. But there’s still the stigma associated with online forums that continues to be perpetuated by a few on occasion. And things like that create a lot of apprehension. I realize moderation would eliminate a lot of this type of thing but moderation opens a whole new can of worms.
On the other hand, I’ve had a couple of online forums in my district for quite a while now. I’m comfortable with ours. I’ve told others, if I should be fortunate enough to win the election I’d like to have some sort of forum where I could communicate with the membership. I agree there can be a lot of advantages here, timeliness being one.
I don’t know what the future holds. I do think that we’re making small moves in this direction. I know Bob Brown in 3 recently had a new website created that includes a forum feature. I think it’s fair to say he’s cautiously optimistic about how it will work out. If it works out in 2, and 3, and 8 who knows where it will lead.
Dave

PS. A wrote this offline to cut and paste here. I thought it was interesting to see the new (at least to me) disclaimer in red from RCU management that appeared above the reply box. It, in a way, validates the point I was trying to make in my first paragraph.

Another THANKS, DAVE, from here. As I have said before, You're the light at the end of the tunnel and that light ain't Newark!
If DB wins this election, I predict he will again consider it a mandate to run over the EC in whatever manner he wants. Please don't be afraid to hang tight in your own views, and with your leadership, you might well gain enough support to resist his attacks on the modeling communities.

From a recent issue of America's 1st Freedom I quote a paragraph in an article about Stealing Elections with Provisional Ballots. "Boss Tweed, the corrupt politician .... //SNIP//.... once said that it's not the voter who counts, but he who counts the votes."

Perhaps, in case you do not win, there might be some reasons to investigate the relationship between the large number of ballots returned to AMA headquarters and the final outcome of the election as reported by an auditor selected and paid for by the AMA. "....he who counts the votes." [sm=idea.gif]
So, you are very clearly saying that the auditor is lying, that the election was rigged?