RCU Forums - View Single Post - 14MZ trim resets, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ trim resets, anyone?

Maybe what some people are thinking about is the Robbe/Futaba FC28 .. that's kinda-sorta the European version of the 9Z. I used one quite extensively while living in Switzerland. Very nice radio .. more of a "tray style" TX that is really not well designed for hand-held use .. much like the high-end Multiplex. Software is somewhat unique .. not the same as the 9Z .. and has old-style analog trims .. and has a very nice feature that will set the subtrims to whatever value would bring the analog mechanical trims back to zero .. so it makes trimming a new plane very fast indeed .. fly, trim to satisfaction, land, push the "magic button", and recenter the analog trims. Some adventurous pilots even use it in the air! Not that I would personnaly know about that, of course!

Had another nice SW feature I have yet to see on other radios .. the ability to offset the zero position of channel. Imagine a situation where you have very different ATVs on + and - travel .. so the servo graph of input vs. output goes through 0,0 but has a "vee" shape, or a kink in it .. by offsetting the zero position you can make it into a straight line that connects full + ATV point to the full - ATV point without a kink. I don't think the 9Z can do this (I have owned one for a while now, so I suppose it's possible and I haven't discovered it....), and I don't see it in the 14MZ manual .. but I haven't really studied that thoroughly yet...

Dave