RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner buying 6 ch radio
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 10:03 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beginner buying 6 ch radio

ORIGINAL: cdp182

Ok I would like to chime in here and ask a couple of questions. I guess I am still considered a newbie, I have been flying for about 6 months and up to low-wing warbirds. I, like many others, have taken the advise of the people at their LHS at first and bought a 4 channel radio. Now I find myself needing more channels. I too have been looking for a low cost 6 channel computer radio, same two. Futaba 6exas FM and the Hitec Optic 6 with spectra. I like the Futaba better for some reason, but nowhere can I find if it is dual conversion or not and will it work with my Hitec 555 and Electon 6 recievers? Thanks for any input.........CDP
Hitec and Futaba gear for the most part are backwards compatible. Plug, play and have fun... Yes your Hitec equipment will work with a Futaba TX as long as it works with Hitec TX in negative shift mode, which is standard with Hitec and Futaba. But some Hitec TX's are capable of positive shift modulation for JR, Airtronics and more.

TX's don't care about Dual Conversion; it’s a RX thingamajig... Some RX's are single conversion and some are dual conversion. In theory dual conversion is more resilient to RF incursions and the like. Weather it’s an absolute is a matter of opinion and specific to the RX in hand.