RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox R/C Aircraft Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Tony A.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe that I started this thread almost two years ago and it's still going. I'm thrilled to see so many of you, "Born Again Cox Kids (BACK)" sharing your childhood experiences with Cox Models. For years, I thought I was the only one whose childhood Cox years ran so deep but I was wrong. Seeing the passion and desire to keep those memories alive is truly awesome. Memories of my father helping me start my control-line PT-19 on a cool Christmas Day come flooding back everytime I smell a running Cox engine. Just seeing what people will pay for an old Cox Model goes to show how deep that connection is with the past. The big question is, "Will we ever see the variety of Cox Models that once existed?" The sad part over the last ten years is that I never thought I'd see this time coming in Cox History. Obviously, the personal computer has given kids other things to do with their time. For me, going to the hobby shop or looking through the Sears Wish Book and the JC Penney catalog for the latest gas powered models was exciting. Once in a while my dad would even buy me a Testors control-line airplane. OK...It wasn't a Cox airplane but they were still cool, just didn't fly as well as the Cox birds.

I'm still working on my collection so if anyone comes across a mint or good condition R/C Fairchild 24. Please keep me in mind. Keep the Cox memories coming! Happy flying and smooth landings!