RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 81" P-47 ARF coming from Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 PM
daw
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 81" P-47 ARF coming from Hangar 9

I saw this plane fly last night. Our club was honored to have Mike McConville put on a demo of a couple of the Hangar Nine planes. He flew the Showtime ARF WOW!!! He flew the P-47 and the new P-51 Trainer. The P47 is a beautiful plane Ultra cote was perfect. The engine was a Saito 1.80 and it powered the plane with authority and sounded good! The retracts have a very short arm from the servo to the retract that should prevent the normal binding and bending. The plane flew great and really looks good in the air, slow rolls and high speed low passes brought wows from the members. Full flaps slowed the plane well without bad habits. This thing coming in all dirty gives you chills. Of course not all of us can fly like McConville but a close up look at the plane shows that H9 did it right. Mike is a great guy, he flew a couple of member planes just for fun. He even maidened an older H9 Mustang rebuilt by a rookie warbird pilot. I don't think Nick will ever forget that. Thanks Mike! WOW!!!!!!!