RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine choice for F20
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine choice for F20

I'm currently flying my DC F20 around with a Mag .46. It's adequate, but on takeoff from our grass field, it would be nicer to have a slightly more powerful motor up front, in addition to a quicker overall speed. My current possibilities are:

1. Magnum 52- not sure about quality control with this engine. Seems hit or miss and I don't want to be bogged down if I have to send the engine in for repairs. However, the price is right ($89), will fit into my current motor mount without redrilling and is approx. the same weight as the .46

2) TT Pro .46- good reports about this engine. Light weight. Might not be much more powerful than the 46 I have now.

3) Irvine .53- another good engine from what I've read, but more of a torque monster than high rpm engine. Also, pretty heavy.

4) ST .51- again, reports are good, but the engine is quite heavy

5) Webra 51- seriously considering this one, as the weight is about the same as the mag 46 and obviously a lot more power.

6) JETT- sorry, too $$$ for me right now, but I know they are strong.

Any other suggestions? My main concern is keeping the weigth of the engine down, as I already have a fair amount of weight in the tail of the plane. I'm tempted to go with the Mag 52 and hope I get a decent one, but the webra is attracting my interest as well.