RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox R/C Aircraft Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

I saw one and an ultralight (not the sky rally the other one) and I tried to email you but your email address as listed on RCU bounces back. I would love to see some detail pics of your Archer.

I am definatly in the Cox club, I have about the same enthusiasm for classic Atari stuff too. What is interesting is that Atari is trying a comeback effort at about the same time as Cox. They just released the Flashback 2 which although it appears to be another all in one classic game unit it is much more! The thing is actually using the Atari 2600 chipset and it can be modified easily with a cartridge slot and is compatable with original 2600 carts. The FB3 is supposed to come with a built in slot and there are rumors of new carts! But as far as Cox goes, I hope they too have a succesful comeback and that this industry is cyclical, perhaps we will see entire aisles full of Cox and Atari again.

My Cox collection is nowhere near my Atari collection but it is growing. I have 4 182s; one OEM with the original radio and engine, one electric, one NIB and one converted to a Norvel 061, and full house w/ flaps, aileron, elevator, rudder, brakes, and nosegear steering. The three flying are all completely different from eachother. I have a Centurion in OEM condition as well and a sky rally in the box. I am on the lookout for a Fairchild as well, but above all I really want to get my hands on a Piper Archer. I have a NIB 182 I would swap for a NIB Archer if anyone has one.

Full house 182 and Centurion:

Details of the engine and flaps:

The OEM 182:

The one NIB: