RCU Forums - View Single Post - turbocharged 25cc homelite whipper snipper
Old 08-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Willdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turbocharged 25cc homelite whipper snipper

Sorry Tim, I didn't notice your question in post #38.

I could have sent you a PM instead, but maybe AERO NUT and others should see this too.

My expertise in turbines is very limited ( almost zilch), but I have been a fitter/ turner/ engineer/whatever, for more years than I want to remember, ( with plenty of qualifications, but qualifications aren't really that important) what is important is understanding the forces, temperatures involved, knowing how to weld and machine things properly, and trying to understand what two stroke porting etc. is all about. - it's actually quite a science, and involves calculations, not just a bit off here and another bit off there!
Still, a turbo on a two stroke! - food for thought.

I was a little harsh before I edited my earlier post, (but it was really directed at AERO NUT who made some unnecessary remarks about those who criticised you). However, he did say "we" - I suppose he was including himself.

Successful inventions don't come from "spurts of wild thinking", - they are more likely to come from "educated guesses" and some "lateral thinking" - plus the odd hunch!.
Many of those people who criticsed your efforts have a wealth of knowledge gained from experience, which is often sneered at or ignored, and are written off as "silly old farts". Maybe you are one too AERO NUT, - I don't really know how old you are.

TIM, I admire your enthusiasm, but please read the book which Rupurt? recommended to you, and as I said , go to night classes and learn to weld and machine properly, there is a heap of info out there already available, if you would just look for it and listen to it, and then maybe you can do "Down Under" proud. - Good Luck!