RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec HS635 servos in Excelleron 90 --Trust em ???
Old 08-28-2005, 05:29 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hitec HS635 servos in Excelleron 90 --Trust em ???

I had a bad experience with them. They all stripped out on a 120 sized aircraft. I'd use the mg servos on anything above 60 sized aircraft. Since this crash landing I always over size my servos and use only mg on anything over 60 size..

ORIGINAL: Robert Bauer

Quite a while back I bought the Hitec Karbonite gear 635's for my excelleron 90. Since then there has been a lot of negative on the reliability of the Karbonite gears and output shaft failing under normal conditions. I did see where Hitec feels they should be limited to 12# aircraft or less. Excelleron 90 comes in at about 9#. Are these servos just for very mild Sunday afternoon flying ?? Rated for 83.32 oz.in. @ 6 volts as advertised. It seems they should handle the Excelleron 90 which calls for a minimum of 65 oz.in. servos. SHOULD I TRUST THEM?? Any experience with them will be appreciated. By the way, there are no metal gear replacements for them, and I hear Hitec will not accept returns on them even for another exchange servo. ( perhaps they don't want their " junk" back.