RCU Forums - View Single Post - Indecisive flyer needs advice from the speed freaks...
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Endor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Indecisive flyer needs advice from the speed freaks...

Well, looks like the Viper is a popular recommendation, and most of the local non-Hobby People shops carry that one reguarly. And, I do have v-tail mixing in my TX (Hitec Eclipse 7), so that's not a problem. Hmmm....

I had heard about the Sonic covering and experienced that issue first-hand with a Modeltech Magic Extra I had over a year ago... if they used the same covering, I can see that being a HUGE problem (it reminded me of that clear plastic they use in floral arrangements). However, I understand that Modeltech has moved to using Monokote on all their planes now, and indeed the box I looked at had a sticker stating that fact: "Covered with genuine Monokote:". Perhaps they got the message...

But back to the Viper... in my searches, most folks seem to run pretty high-end motors in these (for racing, obviously). Since the Magnum 52 has made me angry more than once with the sloppy midrange [:@] , would the Magnum 46XLS be enough for some decent performance? What props would work well with this engine? (I'm thinking an APC 9x8 based on other posts?)

Oh, and thanks for your help so far... what a great group!