RCU Forums - View Single Post - unloading question
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 12:36 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!

About dang time! I finally got my engine to get on the pipe. I ended up calling Morris Hobbies and talked to one of the guys there. He had the exact set up as I do but he was getting the rpm's. He is using 15% fuel along with a 8 x 5 prop. It seems that the FAI GRRT is a bit different than the others. Due to the fact that it does not have a header on it so the power band is in a different area because of its small pipe length.

I put on a 8.5 x 5 and that was the ticket. This whole time I been flying my DD and it never came close to running on the pipe. At first that prop size seemed very odd with very little pitch. But with my type of engine set up it definitely kicks in. I did not think It would have much thrust with it being so little pitch. But it has plenty and will for sure be a lot easier to launch now.

I put the tac on it and got from 17,600 to a sudden jump to 22,950. Now I can tell it is up on the pipe. Finally after all the problems I been having it is finally set up. One thing I noticed is that there is about a 2 second delay before the it comes up on the pipe.

Now All I need a decent weekend so I can get the thing in the air.