RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shike 10-15 engine?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shike 10-15 engine?

Hi all, I'm building Shrike 10-15 and will be to the covering stage soon. I was going to go with the Magnum .15 that I have. But an earlier mishap left the crank in a slightly bent condition. I have not been able to locate a source that has the crank in stock for this.

My goal is a nice flying plane. I want to keep the wing loading down. I know a lot of you are going with the bigger engines, but I am not ready for that yet. I can always build another around a bigger engine at a later date.

The only complaint against the Magnum was the running on with the throttle closed. But in all fairness, it may have been my setup that caused that. The main needle was extremely sensitive. I think the same main needle is used in the bigger engines also.

I'm thinking of the OS LA15- inexpensive, heard it makes slightly more power than the Magnum.
MVVS 15- same price but need to add the cost of a muffler.
OS CVA15- great power, user friendly.
RJL Conquest 15?? Awesome power, not available at this time.
MVVS 21 ~ 2oz weight penalty.

I don't care to tinker a lot with engines, but feel I'm fairly proficient at setting the needles right. I don't mind a learning curve, as long as it leads somewhere other than frustration. I'm leaning toward the OS CVA, but am interested in the MVVS 21.

Any comments or suggestions as to which one (or another) I should get?
Thanks in advance, MikeB