View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:23 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinning Epoxy Resin

ORIGINAL: davidfee

ORIGINAL: branded
...you did not mix the epoxy properly or you did not use products that are compatible with this application.
You seem intent on arguing and that's fine, but you'll have to argue with someone else. This incompatibility was precisely my point when I got into the discussion about ethanol denatured with petroleum distillates vs. ethanol denatured with methanol. You will find the solutions I offered in the first page of this thread. These solutions are the ones prescribed by epoxy manufacturers, including West Systems. Conventional wisdom and personal experience are fine, but facts are facts. Volatile solvents do weaken the structure of room-temp systems. If you are using so much epoxy that this weakening is inconsequential to you then fine... but other modelers may have different results.

-David

David. I'm not intent on arguing. I'm intent on teaching someone that has ignorance concerning a rather mundane and routine process that modelers have used for years. Yes we have been doing this process for years, Dave.........

I'm sorry that you take offense. Eventually you will understand that you're on the wrong side of this discussion.

My intent is not to debate you. Please take the time to "educate" yourself. You will feel rather foolish afterwards. This "discussion" is rather a 'no brainer' for most modelers.