View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
BoneDoc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

I looked at that video several times, and here's what I learned

There are roughly on 2 cut that tells us anything about its 3D performance
Harrier: Looks pretty good with minimal / no wing rock. However, I was expecting a slower harrier speed for an airplane with such a low advertised wingloading. That one flew its harrier like it weighs 17 lbs, or a wing area of only 1300.

KE: There were 2 KE fly by and it seems to have enough rudder authority (by looking at the deflection). However, on the second pass, the plane was wobbling a bit. Is this a sign of coupling, or poor thumbs?.

IMHO, Hovers are useless, because any plane with a CG aft enough will hover ok. Harriers, KEs and Waterfalls and Spins is where it is at. When I try to decide whether the video is good because the plane itself is good (or excellent piloting), I look at these aspects. Good signs are slow harriers, true tracking, solid KE, and tight waterfall and spins. If you're into precision also, then you need to look at how the plane snaps.

For those reasons, even though Chris Meiers is good, I know that the UltraRC Giles 202 is a good plane (sorry for digressing a bit there )