RCU Forums - View Single Post - control rods/Dust
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 12:12 PM
fly-guy-ty
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: control rods/Dust

Wow, I maidened my DD yesterday! Unbelievable. Yes, fast, but easy to fly and control. What a difference over my Whiplash. I think my whip is way overweight though, too much paint! This diamond dust is for me. Even flies great slow. first flight I just flew around half throttle, maybe a little less, just to get a good feel for the plane and make sure everything is all good. Landed beautiful! Killed the engine about 100 feet out and 25ft. off the ground, plane glided right in and settled right in and floated to a stop on the short grass. Hugh releif, and a 180 degree difference from the maiden flight of the whiplash. Second flight I did a little slow speed handling checking the stall speed and stall tendency. I was even able to hang it! second half of that flight, I did some 3/4 throttle low passes to get used to high speed flight of this thing. Switched to high rates and did some unbelievable rolls. I cranked my high rates up to 3/4" throws on the aielerons! Tons of fun. Third flight of this thing I did some low WOT passes and really got the interest of my flying buddies. Two went home and ordered Diamond dusts! Or so they said they were. Jett 50 is sweet on this thing. I can see how one of these things could be just as much fun with a light .25 or a hot .32! Gonna need to order a backup, just in case!