RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new .15 speed plane
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 AM
acr007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new .15 speed plane

Thanks for comments. Plane had first flight this weekend and flew well of a bungee...its the only safe way to launch as it has no landing gear. Flew well CofG was set about 1.5 inches ahead of plan as I always fly slightly nose heavy on a proto type. Will experiment some more with CofG and need a new engine as my 5 year old enya has finally given up the ghost. I will strip it tonight and see what gives but I think its for the bin/parts.

I alsso need to rework plans as they are very rough plans not like you get in the kits. They are good enough for me but not for a novice builder.

I tested the plane with no rudder just elevons.. very stable flies well.. good response at all speeds and very good glide as wing loading about 12 psf.

Will fit new engine this week and rudder as want to be able to do flat spins etc which it should do vey well considering its really a flying wing.

Also have some decals to add to make it stand out a bit, also working on the design of the decals.

I would like to scale up for a tt36 pro engine and an 9*6.

So plans to follow soon in next month and yes limited props.

But yes could make engine a lefty...have not tried that yet but would give me a bigger selection.