RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Extra 330L
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 04:29 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Great Planes Extra 330L

Cody.......ahh..man . So sorry to read about that, but it's a good thing to share it dude. It just might avert someone else from the same fate. Geez.... wow.. You are going to rebuild right? After some recovery time though, just take your time....or not... I lost an Extra that I was very attatched to also. Although it was smaller, I felt same way about it. I do know what "the walk" is like, all to well. Thinking back on it, it's like a dream-state, that wasn't even real, only when reality sets in....it happened, and is very real.

I do hope you rebuild...the second one always goes a bit faster(ask me how I know), and you'll already know what and how you want things to build a better ship.

GreatPlanes is great about checking into these things...I found this out after the fact, when I told them what happened they said "send it ALL back" and they'd look into it. Problem I had was I tossed it(after getting all my hardwares out, and a serious post-mortom), so I had nothing to send except pics of this Extra spread all over my shop floor. I did an FAA/NTSB investigation right on the floor of my shop, and yes I did find the cause(it works), and it was quite possibly due to weak stab wood that folded the rear stab. Even at that they(GreatPlanes) offered me a nice discount on another kit, I had already had one lined up though before I got home from the field on D-Day. They are good, and I won't hesitate to buy/build any of thier kits, and yes,,,this kit(the 330)will probably be the next one I buy, after the first of the year.

I wish you the best Cody, should you decide to rebuild...it can only be better. Good luck.