RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sportsman Aviation F-20
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:59 PM
setxws6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Aviation F-20

Hello all. This is my first post on RC universe, and I'm a speed freak. I started flying RC glow planes in the mid 90's and then took a break from it for about 4 years so that I could continue my quest for speed, modding my 2002 Trans Am. Now I'm starting to get back into RC.

I have a Great Planes big stik 40 that I recovered with my own trim and color and built it back around 2000. It has a Thunder Tiger Pro .46 and a Futaba 4 channel.

After flying it now, it's just not fast enough for me. I have always like the look of the DC F-20, but after finding out they went out of business, I started search for someone else that made the same design and found Sportsman Aviation. So I order the ARF (with plans of recovering it with my own monokote) in hopes that it will quench my speed need.

I have noticed that there are a lot of complaints about rudder flutter. If I understand correctly, it's because the hinge line is vertical up and down with no angle or sweep in it? Is this right? I really don't want to go without a rudder, as I like to use it for take offs and a few maneuvers. So what are some options? Give the rudder a rake to it?

Also, if there are any other tips to watch out for while building, give me some hints...

PS...where can I find a real pointy spinner like this???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74353.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	345163