RCU Forums - View Single Post - Revo vs Savage SS (AGAIN!!!!!) Sorry....
Old 10-31-2005, 06:12 AM
flatout->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo vs Savage SS (AGAIN!!!!!) Sorry....

Revo transmissions are vunerable to failure. My gearbox has been rebuilt twice, once by my lhs and once by myself. The reverse gear stripped completely the first time around. I thought this may be covered under traxxas warranty, but apparently not, I was told it was a "consumable" part. My lhs couldn't identify the reason for failure, they only suggested that I may have knocked the trim on the handset making the optidrive ineffective which could have allowed it to shift into reverse whilst rolling forward. This may have happened once or twice at the most, at less than walking speed. Either way, it took very little to immobilise my truck. I have since disconnected the optidrive because I don't trust it anymore. The second time around both primary and forward gears stripped completely. I am still unsure why this happened, the rest of the gearbox seems to be fine. All this has happend in less than 2 gallons of fuel with the stock engine.

Since it's last rebuild I have had no problems (knock on wood). However, I feel traxxas has hit a bum note in trying to save weight/cost? in filling their transmissions with 'plastic' gears. There is certainly room for improvement regards durability. I might consider a savage or an LST for my next purchase.