RCU Forums - View Single Post - pitts style muffler
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: pitts style muffler

ORIGINAL: CRAZYRYAN

i have posted before on this forum and wonder what the right brand of pittstyle muffler i can get for my magnum 91 four stroke im installing in the hobbico sukhoi su31. does it require to cut more of the cowl out? since you have the header? this will be side mounted for better performance than upside down mounted engines. help please i still had no responses.[]
Ryan,

I can tell you this much, I'd stay with the stock muffler on that engine. But if you really want the pitts muffler it looks like Bisson makes it. I just found it on their web site. I cannot tell you about the cowl as I have never seen that plane but if you can find out the dimensions of the cowl and look at the dimensions of the engine, specifically how tall it is from the mounting ears to the top of the head then get the muffler specs you can determine pretty closely how much of the cowl will need to be removed.

Also I have a feeling that a muffler for an OS 91 Surpass 4-stroke may just fit. They are very very close to being the same engine but you would have to verify the thread sizes

http://www.bissonmufflers.com/en/muf...imageField.y=8

Also, it's the weekend and a really nice one so be a little patient while waiting for replies, they will come