RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the best first biplane?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the best first biplane?

ORIGINAL: tonystro

biged,

I was under the impression the Tiger Bipe was no longer available, but if you can get one I would think you would like it for 'sport flying.'
The Tiger Bipe survived Ace's recent web site update, so it's still a current model. eHobbies shows it as being in stock, but that probably isn't a super reliable indicator of the facts. Ace dropped some other ARFs that hadn't been available for a while like the Tiger Sport and the Tiger Trainer .25, they're no longer on the website. That's why I'm comfortable guessing the Tiger Bipe is still available.

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

My first biplane was a Balsa USA Phaeton powered by a Super Tigre S.40K two-stroke. I see that the Phaeton II is still being made. The original was a great flying model.
I actually considered building a bipe kit of somekind. I don't feel like I have anywhere near enough building experience to put one together yet. I'd heard that SIG and Great Planes are really easy kits to build, but I hadn't heard anything about Balsa USA kits. Are they brainless enough for a complete building novice to attempt?