Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Critter and Fisher,, hey guys not to butt in but I love to try to build from scratch and have built about 5 planes now most not very successfull in flight but when I saw this one I couldn't resist. Good job finding and posting this one Critter. anyway I decided to go a little different way on this one, I decided to make it 2 channel first to see if I could make it fly, then go to scale or larger and go all out 400 motor full ailerons and elevator and make the booms just a little wider so it would make a water plane, I figured I'd put CF tubes on bottm for landing on gound and for strength. Here is a pic of my 2 channel attempt which by the way fly's real good. I have found that due to the twin tail rudder size is very important as it seriously effects the turning of this design. If it is too tall or wide the turns are very labored or slow to react. I think ailerons will solve this problem. in the pic the lower cockpit is the battery and the one on top is the electronics, I know it's a little crude but I get in a hurry sometimes but I will say this one is worth taking your time with. I wouldn't do the water rudder unless you don't think the ailerons will make it turn on water. mine is made using wing and tail from an old FB outlaw
I have since lowered the top of the booms to make them even with the wing, wing to rudder and it did improve flight stability
I can't wait to start the full size version, but I don't think I will try to build the wing I think I'll just buy... maybe a Cub wing or something like that to use. Not that good at this building yet but I love trying
I will watch the post here because I would like to see how you guys do with this little bird, maybe pickup some new ideas
Good Luck Guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17667.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	352589