RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pylon forum lurkers ?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 06:22 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pylon forum lurkers ?

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

It would be nice to see this forum evolve into an EXTREME SPEED forum, with contributors from the 200+ MPH club. Problem is it seems that the only organized form of RC SPEED interest and activity is in EUROPE. Speed is actually frowned upon, [past a certain point] at most flying sites that I know of around here and by the AMA in general[] I think if any serious challengers to the piston powered RC speed record were to come from this country, it would be a collaboration between the C/L SPEED GUYS and the DYNAMIC SOARERS. It's nice to have a forum dedicated to racing planes around poles, but they are handcuffed with the task of doing just that, so their setups are compromized, it's mostly about the plane and the engine [thanks to HENRY NELSON] is a given. Almost the exact opposite of the C/L SPEED gang, whos' core group are guys doing engine research and experimentation all the time. Since C/L is slowly dieing out, this core group has "circled the wagons" and have almost a militant attitude about flying off of wires instead of radio waves, so any contributions these guys would make to EXTREME RC SPEED will be indirect, in the form of information that is free for the asking.

Me thinks he dothe protestith too muche.[:'(]

Sorry guys but...combutpiggy popped in on an AMA thread with nothing better than the above to say... just returning the childish response nah na nah nah na nah with thumbs in ears wiggling fingers, making a face and sticking out tongue.[sm=lol.gif]