RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interest in build photos
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 12:25 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Interest in build photos

Thanks 8178. After looking at the covering for a while, something was really bothering me about the blue on the fuselage. So, I continued the blue in the front up to the top edge where it meets the hatch line. This brought it straight back to the center of the wing leading edge. I then curved the blue down from the trailing edge back into the original stripe. Now the blue visually joins the wing and looks much better; more unified. When I get more batteries for my camera I'll post some pics.

Well, I desperately needed a radio, so I went to my local hobby shop today and they had the new 6EXA Supers on sale for $149.95. This model has some added features that the older 6EX didn't have. At $30 less than Tower it was a great buy. It has more features than I'll probably use over the course of my next three of four planes, and besides I really can't afford or justify a $250-300 system. If I ever outgrow it, Spread Spectrum will be in use by then anyway.

I had disassembled the .40 to clean out the gunk, so tomorrow I'll probably put it on the test stand and reset the low speed needle and test the fuel tank for problems. The last time I ran this engine I was planning to put it in a big class C FF plane. I had a venturi on it in place of the carb and ran it open exhaust with an APC 9x5. I can't remember what it tached, but it was way up there.

There are little things I'm trying not to forget to do like filing flats for the wheel collars, drillin a drain hole under the engine, extending the antena (apparently a common oversight), putting my name and address inside, and anything else I can think of. Without the battery pack it balances right on the front spar (25%) which is a always good thing.