rc51pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default next aircraft and suitability

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, I have been flying R/C for about 6 months after owning the plane for 10 years. I was afraid of crashing it, finally I said I will fly this thing or crash it and be done with it. I got involved in a good club near my house and finally learned to fly (soloed in 5 flights, woohoo).

So this brings me to my question, I am looking into my second plane, my first was a CG Eagle 63. I am at the point where I am man-handling the crap out of this plane and tearing the covering in high G manuevers. I have always liked Beechcraft Staggerwings and a local club member was selling one he had never flown. The Model is made by Royal, identical to this one http://www.wcflyers.com/member_plane...tagerwing.html.

My question is, with the high speed of this one and its propensity to tip stall, is this asking for trouble as a second airplane. I plan to put temporary stall fences and flaperons on the aircraft to make it more friendly. Because they don't make this kit anymore, I don't want to make it a sacrificial offering to the R/C gods, but I also don't want a garage full of different R/C planes as well.

Knowledge-wise I am flight instructor and professional airline pilot, so I understand the physics of what is going on. Whether this is a benefit or detriment is anyones guess.

Thanks in advance and look forward to your advice