RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jett 90L or YS 110FZ ?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett 90L or YS 110FZ ?

Great, thanks Bob.

Now for the ultimate question (just gotta know). In your opinion, in a hopped up streemlined airframe like the GP Ultrasport (40), what big block would be the fastest around a pylon cource? What gives me the creeps is a GP Super Sportster 40 with a bay off each wing, retracts, fillets and great build has been giving everyone fits for the past several years. First powered by a ST 40 and then ST50 when the 40 wore out. The darn thing outruns Q-500's with sport engines in them. How can that be? A one time fluke. No, time after time after time. If he just kicked my old but once in a while, no issue just because the guy is a super race pilot. Fact is the thing is really fast. A super Sportster, you have got to be kidding. No, its a local legend. Now comes a additional problem. Local go faster guy older than I am and I have been here since dirt came out with a, you aint gonna believe this, a Aero Star, K & B 48 junk with Performance Muffler, cut down wing, streemlined and is giving me a very hard time against my Yellow Jacket, and nothing is as fast as my yellow jacket, period. (At least around here in the boonies) Ok, also a very good pilot, but much toooo close to my rear. Two for two the last race, he lost overall from a cut trying to steal one. Here is my thing. While racing, I can clearly see that white Aero Star on my but due to the overall size I think. My Yellow Jacket is much smaller and even though yellow, I can see the other plane much better, I think due to the size. Sooooooooooooo, I am up to the ususal no good, make a bigger badder racer that I can see, rather than a blur. No, not getting out turned, just almost outrun, and that is just not acceptable, at least not without a fight. Its really a old timmer against another old timmer, both with too much pride, way over the hill but still on top in a small local area. Good friends off the race track, almost into a fist fight on numerious occasions through the years. Help?