RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jett 90L or YS 110FZ ?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 08:57 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett 90L or YS 110FZ ?

ORIGINAL: kmtranmd

I hate to disagree with you guys but the Jett 90 has no business sitting in a WWII warbird. Jett 90 higher rpm sound belongs in a sleek airframe like the F16. Only 4C motors should be installed in the typical warbirds. I put a Saito 100 into my H-9 warhawk and the combo of power and sound from that Saito is just right. The warhawk is a pretty light airframe. Besides, swinging a big 14x10 prop on that warbird looks way better than 11 or 12 inch prop for Jett 90 option. Just my two cents...
No huge argument there Here is another penny for your collection..... O There is the right engine for every application. I guess since Ive been in the sport since before 4-C engines ran with any power, I tend to use what ever seems right for the job (or more like what ever I have on hand).

Although, the BSE-100 and 120 are better suited for warbirds and aerobatic planes, the SJ-90 has been in its share of scale planes over the years. A few flying in the H9 mustang and Miss A that I know of lately. A few in Corsairs. None in the P-40 so far that I know of. Quite a few in TF warbirds over the years. Combined with the turbo-jett muffler or the "T"orque jett-stream muffler, the 90L is pretty darn good swinging a 13" or 14" prop. Even looks nice in a round cowl (right Dave ? )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10121.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	354134