RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we make it too difficult for new RC hobbyists?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:45 PM
resqguy77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do we make it too difficult for new RC hobbyists?

Ahh..this saga continues. I went to my LHS the other day. I bought an Art-Tech Cessna online via Ebay a few weeks back after doing a lot of research on RCU (kind of a mistake since its difficult to fly for a rookie). I had read about swithing to Li-Poly batteries for extended flight time. I asked my LHS guy (after forcing him to get up from his little "lounge area" where he was BS'ing with his buddies) about the batteries. He asked what I had, so I told him. He basically looked at me like I was an idiot, told me that the plane was crap equipment, and there was no way a Li-Poly would work. Never asked to maybe see the plane, speed controller, motor or anything to see if there was something that may work. Granted I am new to the hobby and respect the fact that I have a lot to learn, but at the same time I dont appreciate some *****-hat treating me like I am a moron. But, being the only LHS in my area and the occasional need for parts quickly, I take the high road, be the bigger man and deny my urge to choke-slam him everytime I go in.