linclogs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: returning an ARF,,,

There are lots of imported ARF's being sold on eBay by phantom companies. They continually post the same groups of models and some actually sound like a pretty good deal. But what gets me is some of the return policies. One in particular (I'm not mentioning any names) really gets me. First, you spend up to $35 to have the item shipped to you, AND pay $3.00 for "mandatory" insurance. But then, get this (this is the actual policy stated in the auction):

Return Policy:
All sales are final, no return is allowed. If goods should be defective upon receipt, customer has up to 3 days from date of receipt for exchange of new one. please notify us no later than 3 days after you receive the item and we will arrange re-shipment of relevant parts. Buyer must email us for exchange notice prior to returning item, buyer pay all return and resend shipping & handling fee and item must also be in its original box and packing.
Shipping & Handling fees are non-refundable.

So let me get this straight... if after I've paid $35 for shipping AND paid $3.00 for mandatory insurance, if the ARF arrives and is defective (I didn't say "damaged in shipping", I said "defective"), you want ME to pay for the return to you AND pay a new $35 shipping charge to have the defective ARF replaced? Exactly what was the "Mandatory" insurance for?

Know what? I've already decided what I'd do - take my business elsewhere!

Most "reputable" companies don't hesitate to make something right - at no charge to you. I would never expect to get the original shipping charges back, but I would expect the company to pay any ADDITIONAL charges incurred to "make it right".