RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flight of F-20
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:17 PM
setxws6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight of F-20

Took the F-20 out yesterday afternoon to a local grass flying field. All I have to say is wow! This is a great flying plane. On take off the plane left with no rolling left or right, just straight out at a 45* angle. I got the plane higher and started trimming. I need about 40-50% up elevator trim and that was it! I didn't have to give it any aileron trim at all! No trim for the rudder because it is locked. I noticed that under half throttle that the nose would want to drop a bit, and I think it is because it is still slightly nose heavy.
I tested the stall of the plane and pointed the nose into the wind. At stall, all it did was drop the nose nice and easy and roll slightly to the left...pretty good for a delta style wing and no washout. When landing, it just glided in really nice. Just give it a little nose up and it settled in with ease.

Overall great flying plane with excellent slow speed manners. I didn't go balls to the wall with it and push to see how much speed I could get out of it, but it does fly very quick. Hell, at half throttle, it was flying as fast as my GP stick would fly at full throttle, same motor. The roll rate was awesome to say the least. I can now pull off those fighter style manuvers I like and have great vertical. Great plane!!!