RCU Forums - View Single Post - returning an ARF,,,
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 03:34 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: returning an ARF,,,

Guys... get a grip.

In the first place, "the box being opened" is a non-issue. The airframes are built, covered, and packed in China. When they get here, certain hardware items and accessories, manual, etc., are added. And this is the way ALL of the higher end ARF kits are handled, I wager. For instance, the kit box on my H9 Extra had tape in several places that had been cut and replaced. You guys are grasping with this complaint; even if the damn thing was shrink-wrapped, there's no guarantee someone hasn't been in the box already....

My comment regarding the dollar amount was simply an attempt to illustrate that a certain level of quality is difficult to nail down. We're talking about a quarter-scale airplane here, with high-grade fiberglass cowl and wheel pants and a complex (and eye-catching) trim job. Until The Empire and a couple of other main-stream hobby mongers dropped their prices, $300 for a large model of this caliber was a great deal. And its BECAUSE of this kind of competition that the "big guys" do drop prices. If you think they do it out of the goodness of their hearts, I've got some land I'd like to sell you...

Whatever. Perhaps Tom did knowingly send Jim some bunged up wings because that's all he had left, or was in a hurry, or any one of a number of reasons. I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't change my opinion of the situation. He refunded the man's money and paid for return shipping. I'll say again; that's a lot more than you would get from many vendors. We all have our stories of how we were hosed by this vendor or that one. Some days you get chicken; some days you get feathers.

Hey, Jim... perhaps now you know how those guys griping about Century and their BS policies felt when you were their most ardent supporter. That's not a cheap shot; just a reminder of reality.

Do what you feel you must. But if it was me, I'd be more concerned about getting my son something to fly, than generating moral support for my missing $39. And I'll ask again... why not address this on the WH Forum???