RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Cool, keep us informed. Did you mean you are going to build the same wing that is in the plans? I would as it's killer looking and a bit short which will mean speed and agility. Are you going to stray from the plans at all or keep them stock? I just finished off my latest BP21 Stryker build and plan to take it up today. That leaves a few other projects...building this foam we are talking about at first using a BP21 brushless motor and lipos at original stock dimensions (Should be a barn burner!), building it at upscaled 480 and Sub C dimensions (can you say flying tank!), converting a challenger over to standard electronics using the BP21 motor and lipos (unlimited verticle!), and tweaking out the bugs in my Aerobird Extreme that has been converted over to standard electronics and pushrods. I'm really anxious to get the Extreme up as I have a digital Aiptek 5100M mini camcorder that I plan to do some aerials with on it. Then there is the 2.4ghz 2000mw wireless transmitter/RX that I need to strip down and hack to a plane so I can do some aerial wireless video. Hmmm...which project to start first? Sometime this winter (maybe this week) I'll be starting on the foamie and I'll post updates, pictures, and hot wire cutter info.