RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first crash :(
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My first crash :(

Just one question. Are you using the charger that came with the radio system to charge the batteries? If so and the radio equipment came with the usual 600 or 700mAH nicad batteries, your batteries were probably not completely charged.

Some people on this site say that you just need to charge the higher capacity batteries for a longer time, in your case that would be a minimum of 5 days.

If you go to the Sanyo website and read the charging requirements, you will see that the minimum charge rate is battery capacity divided by 10. That would be 250 and 270mA minimum.

I won't argue with anyone about whether charging with the stock charger (60 to 70mA) is ok. I just follow the battery manufacturers recommendation. You can use the stock charger if you like but remember to charge the batteries for at least 5 days before you use them if they have never been completely charged or they have been used until nearly discharged.

Like I said, I follow the manufacturers recommendations. I also feel that buying the correct charger is a small investment considering how much time and money is invested in the planes I build and fly.

Good luck,

George