RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3-Speed Tranny
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3-Speed Tranny

Sorry Rounder, never meant for it to sound as though you were wrong, just stating what I had, I ran the 7" because I have the Truckzilla chassis' and the stockers looked way too small, 40's aren't much better. If you like I have pics in my gallery of the 7"ers on and the 40's on. Not bad just not good, still looks a little dorky with the little wheels on. The handling actually improved with the 7" tires on though, that was the main reason I like them so. I like to race too, but I am now going to use my LST for that pupose, I just couldn't get my savy up to par. As far as your tranny not going into 3rd though, when I encountered this problem with my SH-28 was first installed, it was due to the fact I didn't have it rich enough to engage third. It would take off like a bat out of he11 and then would just rev like it wanted to shift into 3rd but never did. Once I adjusted the LSN and HSN it took off great and shifted right through all three within the first 10 feet. I had to adjust the HSN really rich and then lean out the LSN so that it would still keep an idle and take off. If you have the Blue head SH, I don't know about yours, mine is adjusted at 4.25-4.5 turns out on the HSN and 1/8th in on the LSN. Some of the other readers may say thats way rich on the HSN, but trust me, it would only over heat and flame out any leaner than 4 turns out, others have reported the same thing. I thought my tranny was out of whack too but this may just be your problem, I don't know, give it a try and let us know. Hope it helps you. Oh yeah, I bash the he11 out of my truck, but never have broken anything except the rollbar and spurs naturally, but I agree with you on taking care of them, heck I still run with my original 3 gear diffs with no problems, but I have upgraded all my weak points to handle all the abuse I put mine through, just can't make the spurs last that long though, wish I could, it would save me down the road. Again though I hope that this post will help you.