RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane controls (2 elevator servos,2aileron servo)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:04 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biplane controls (2 elevator servos,2aileron servo)

WIth the 9 channel radio, you could do what you are talking about easily. Each aileron servo, and each elevator servo would get it's own channel. Then, you'd mix them according to what you want them to do. I'm not a futaba man, so I'll defer the technicals to others. However, it is possible.

One suggestion, though. I woulnd't use flaperons on this plane for a couple of reasons. Number one, it's a bipe, and as such already has a lot of drag built in--you don't need the extra drag of flaps slowing you down even further. Number two, the ailerons are kind of "barn door" style--sitting out on the edge of the wing, meaning you'd create a stall condition near the tip of the wing first with this kind of flap. I don't need to tell you what comes next, do I?

However, mixing the elevator servo to work with your ailerons would be neat--could create some really nasty rolls! I'd say go for that one!

You're going to love this plane. It flies really nice! One suggetion I'd make, though. Get some aluminum landing gear for it--gear that is swept forward. The wire gear that comes with it is too bouncy. We've had the gear bounce so much that the wheel pants literally busted the sheeting on the bottom wing. With the forward swept aluminum gear, that is no longer an issue!

NJOY!