RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane controls (2 elevator servos,2aileron servo)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:37 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Biplane controls (2 elevator servos,2aileron servo)

I have the 9CAP. In fact I was studying the users manual last night in preparation for my next plane. You can indeed do what you want to do.

However, I agree completely with 2slow2matter on the flaperon question. I don't know why you would want flaps on such a great handling plane. I fly two Goldberg Ultimate 10-300s, and I can tell you they're a pleasure to land. If you want flaps to do stunts, I suggest that you can't do better than with the Goldberg - documented set-ups. The plane is very aerobatic, too aerobatic for any but an experienced pilot.

I also agree with 2slow2matter on the landing gear. I'll never understand why Goldberg makes such a super kit, and then includes the cheap wire landing gear. The wires will not hold up to just one rough landing. Lose the wires, and put fiberglass or carbon fiber gear on it. I put carbon fiber gear on one about a month ago, and will never go back. By the way, the carbon fiber gear weighs a full ounce less than the wire gear. Contact Ken in New York at [email protected] who made my landing gear for under $40 (and no, he isn't my brother in law; we've never even met.)

Mike