RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cermark F16 ready for first flight
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 05:30 AM
GeeBee-RCU
My Feedback: (324)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark F16 ready for first flight

It's finally finished,It took longer to build than I first expected,Not dificult,Im just s l o w .
It is Bigger than I thought , It weighs about 10 lbs. on my scale.And it is a BEAUTIFUL plane that will have real presence in the air!
I used all 4-40 pushrods on flying surfaces & the 4-40 Carbon flex pushrod on rudder & split elevators,all controls are sealed and SLOP FREE ,locktite & good hardware that I supplied,,,I hardly used any hardware from the kit.
2-1/2 oz of lead in left wing tip for lateral balance & 2-3/4 oz. in tail for CG balance.
2 servos in wing allows very usefull 40 degree flaparon while still having plenty of aileron travel
The Retracts that came with kit work perfectly(at least on the bench)I'll let you know how I like the retracts after that first flight!
The Jett 90 engine is new and will be broken in at the test flight,(12x6 APC)you know,,Start it up,adjust for about a tank and if everything is good I will fly it to break in.
I will fly from 400 foot paved runway ..latter grass!
I will post flight report after first flight,maybe monday(11-11)
By the way,I opened the large scoup on the underside and opened up the bulkhead behind wing to form sort of a flow- thru for air to escape,It might blow the back of the plane off(worst case) or maybe I wont notice as much drag as others have reported
Latter
shakin'Steve