RCU Forums - View Single Post - pull pull system on GP Sportster
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 PM
decombs21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pull pull system on GP Sportster

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has tried a pull pull rudder system on the 90/120 Super Sportster (or any other similarly sized bird). Also did you use the plans' suggestion for controlling the tailwheel?

It would be nice if someone had photos as this will be my first attempt at using pull pull IF I decide to do it. I really can't think of any advantage such a system would give but nonetheless would like to try it anyhow. Maybe someone could spell out WHY the pull pull system is superior to some other arrangement as well? I'd sure like to hear it.

What I've got in the works is a set of plans from MAN for the 90/120 Super Sportster that are blown up 18% to give me an 84 inch wingspan. I've heard it said that big planes fly better! So we will soon see.

While I'm at it, I want to use a 23cc or 26 cc Zenoah gas engine. This time I do have a good reason for using a gas motor - economy and I won't have to clean the castor oil off the beast.

Maybe there's someone who has used a set of blown up plans for the Sportster before? I can't imagine I'm the only one who likes this bird and wants a custom sized model.

Dave