RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming Hitec servos
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:12 AM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming Hitec servos

I didn't have a giant scale airplane at all. I was just the VF Extra 300. I ordered the flight pack from Servo City. I used four HS 6635 which had 69 in/oz, and the digital 475 for the throttle. It came with the Super Slim RX which is now discontinued according to Hitec. The RX was broken in the crash so I couldn't test to see if it caused the wreck. I sent it back and had to get the Supreme 8 ch. to replace it. They couldn't tell me if it was bad before the crash either. I've tested all the servos which are still connected to the control surfaces using a 8ch Futaba receiver and they all work on the bench. The plane rolled just after take off and while I had "some" control, it continued to do things on it's own till it came down. Basicly, it kept rolling each time I corrected it. All I found was a small place on the wire going to the RX where the insulation was cut. VERY small cut and not into the wire itself. The RX was mounted forward of the servos and the antenna ran between them and out the top behind the canopy and to the top of the rudder. There was no one else there at the field. I range checked it at home with the engine running "YS 110". It was ok. I didn't range check it at the field again. "dumb" That's about all I can think of.