RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Truck problems are over....for now. It's been a good vehicle, really. I bought this 2.3l Ranger with manual tranny new in 94. It now has over 260,000 miles on it and is still not burning oil. Even running on the original clutch. Body takes years to rust as most of the lower sheet metal on the Ranger is galvanized steel. The problems were mainly due to my rough use off roading a two wheel drive truck on my hunting excursions. Mainly a worn out steering and suspension that I had to overhaul. It's given me very little trouble up until this past month, which as I said was mainly my hard abuse on it. Wouldn't have put the money and time into it except for the fact that the motor and tranny is still going strong.

You have to make time to hunt. Since I'm self employeed the boss always lets me play hookey when the mood strikes. Mainly hunt deer, geese, ducks, pheasants, squirels, rabbits, and a little grouse hunting. Deer and geese are my favorite as I love deer meat and I hate the destructive nature of geese.

Back to the subject...Wow, $18 for four airframes isn't bad. The proper foam still has me confused. Don't think I saw that at the local Home Depot or Lowes. Where did you buy it? Haven't checked his webpage yet but will probably do that right now for the updates. He emailed me about it a week or two ago. Exactly how long is it taking you to build an airframe with the tool setup you've built? Thanks again for the info and keep us updated. As said, as cash allows I'll be building and chiming in here and there. That plane looks REALLY good! Great job.