RCU Forums - View Single Post - MVVS/Evo 26 with Tuned Pipe
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:27 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MVVS/Evo 26 with Tuned Pipe

Carb 481D-- all these little carbs seem to share same throttle plate
Are the MVVS tuned pipes that hard to come by? Judging from the prices on Pe's page they are a terrific bargain - having purchased many different exhaust systems.
It's no secret I don't care for in cowl systems - they can kill up to 50% of power available -not just my opinion -- fact.
The ignition I got with my Evolution is fixed - I can't change the advance.
I think anyone can duplicate the results I get by using the box stock setup - not screwing around with various oil/gas mixes -just use the Mobil at 32 -1 0n pump gas and propping with anything from a Zinger Pro 18x6 to 18x8
The best performance overall on 3D hover/recover is still the Skorepa 18x6--so far - that doesn't mean other props are not as good -I just have not tried one which is . i will try the 18x8 Skorepa next.
Some people are afraid to rev their engines . Actually running easily in the 9000rpm range -is not hard on the engines - What is really hard on em is letting em heat up on a big prop -in a poor air flow enviroment on a heavy plane .
I got more heat -in the H9 260 than the Showtime -simply because the engine did not have to work as hard --it unloaded more quickly in the Showtime (rev). Better breakin in the air is NOT from more airflow --it is mainly from reduced load . An engine which seats in easily and thoroughly will always produce more power than one which has been fast fried.