RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
One-O-Wonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

Hi Guys, Well after reading over 100 pages of this forum the past month, I decided to put one of these machines in the sky. My flying field is at 5800 ft in Colorado so it will be definetly a test for the machine. I installed a trusty Magnum 52 2 stroke with a Mac pipe that has hauled many a plane around the skies here. I mounted the engine as far forward on the engine mount as I could. That said, I still had to add 3.5 ounces of weight in the nose to get the thing to CG. The plane weighs 5 lbs 1.5 ounces and that has me thinking bigger engine if it flies OK with the Magnum. I'd have flown the craft today except for one slight problem. Current outside temp is 10 deg and the wind is blowing out of the north at about 25 knots. I'll wait until Friday when the temp is predicted to be in the 30s.

A1, if you want to flat spin the machine 1) put it in a vertical dive at low throttle. 2) Add full down elevator, full left aileron, and full right rudder. 3) after a few revolutions neutralize the ailerons. Not only will you be flat spinning but you will be doing it upside down.