RCU Forums - View Single Post - GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Potawatomi13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

So how are you calling it a Gee Bee R3? Who gave permission?
Highplains;

I've been a huge fan of the Gee Bee Z since I was a boy in the 50s and done some reading about the Granvilles. When the last 2 brothers were still alive in the 70s they were very helpful to those working on replicas of their original planes. Consider thia as well as the fact that Granville Brothers Aircraft closed their doors many years ago and considering how willing they were to help replica builders of their planes, it doesn't seem much of a stretch that they would be happy for someone to carry on with their name on their models. At least if they weren't patenting the family name.
I am one of those thrilled to see at least the shadow of Mircos "fantasy racer" Gee Bee. I think of it as what a Gee Bee from another reality might look like from the same time period. It's recognizeable but quite different at the same time. It's just unfortunate that Airworld stole the design from Mirco.

Now just imagine if you will when the real full scale plane is revealed to the world.........I can hardly wait!

Bill Kohler[8D]