RCU Forums - View Single Post - ModelTech Sonic 500, need cg and surface travel info
Old 12-11-2005, 01:27 PM
BigWes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ModelTech Sonic 500, need cg and surface travel info

Hey Jan k that is another nice looking plane you have there. I am sure my flying skills aren't good enough for pylon racing but flying a fast plane sure is fun. I'll probably just keep things flying for sport fun now anyway. But who knows what may happen down the road. I'll just keep this one and consider it a first trial and error plane. I got it from a guy at work years ago. I think I paid 20 or 30 bucks for it. It was new in the box and was missing most of the small hardware. I put it together like the plans called to build a sport version. I had to build my own gear wires too. I think they are too weak or something as many times during landinds they will bend aft a little. But anyway it is a fun and fast airplane that I already want to make some improvements too. Yea the MA prop has got to go. I think it unloaded one time in a dive yesterday. It sounded really strange anyway. Kinda like and airborne version of a boat propellor cavitating. Not sure what it did really. But I have an APC handy that will go on there today. You dont think a 9 inch prop is too small for a 46? Anyway gotta go for now.

Wes