RCU Forums - View Single Post - savage sucks big time
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Polar_Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage sucks big time

ORIGINAL: bryston

i thought this is a good truck,, but here it goes,
i had it for about 4 month and about 4 gallon of fuel, and yes i know how to tone engines:
1- engine failed at 1 gallon, carb getting loose from engine. poor design. i ended up buying 4.6
2- the clutch system is half engineered, gone through alot of spur gear to the point where am using new one evrey second tank. the truck will run ok on dirt , but when you run on some grass its gone
3- new transmission on the second tank, then i found about the problem with first gear, again poor design
4-few one way bearings, no i dont flood the engine it just happened
5-very poor radio box
so why do pepole recommend this truck? i talk pepole out of it, the revo is way better, verey good design, at least you can run through few tanks before taking it a part, savage will not run for 3 tanks without taking it a part. thanks

"1- engine failed at 1 gallon, carb getting loose from engine. poor design. i ended up buying 4.6"

The S25 is NOT a poor design. The carb mounting is no different than the 4.6 engine you just bought, or any other nitro engine out there. You simply ignored the fact that the carb was loosening up, instead of figuring out why. OPERATOR ERROR.

"2- the clutch system is half engineered, gone through alot of spur gear to the point where am using new one evrey second tank. the truck will run ok on dirt , but when you run on some grass its gone"

The clutch system is NOT "half engineered" Thousands of us use the stock S25 clutch setup without ANY issues. The #1 reason clutches fail is excessive dirt and oil soaking the internal parts causing the shoes to slip and overheat. If you are stripping spurs every other tank, you have a serious issue somewhere else. I have trashed 3 spurs in 3 years, all from my own fault.

"3- new transmission on the second tank, then i found about the problem with first gear, again poor design"

Again THOUSANDS of us have high powered Savages using a completely stock tranny. Mine is 3 years old, and never had a single problem. An awesome reliable design by HPI.

"4-few one way bearings, no i dont flood the engine it just happened"

One way bearings rarely break. Clean the unburned nitro oil/dirt residue off yours it will work like new.

"5-very poor radio box"

I agree, it would be nice it it were bigger.

So dont come in here bashing the poop out of a Savage until you learn how to tune, and maintain a high powered nitro MT. Everything happens for a reason. A Savage simply doesn't break for no reason. Your Savage is breaking from ignorance, lack of understanding, and lack of day to day maintenence. Instead of ranting how a Savage sucks, ask questions WHY, and there is always a simple answer.